I thought I’d give a little peek at the behind the scenes writing of LONG WAY HOME. Here are some thing you might find interesting about the book:
1. This is the third in a series of four. The hero, Callen, is a a bit difficult. I think of him as emotionally broken yet solid. It’s a weird combination. He loves his family yet keeps getting hit by disappointments and the fallout from family secrets, but he’s not weak. And Grace, the heroine, totally gets him and is not scared off. I love that about her.
2. I originally wanted his book to be #4 in the series but I couldn’t make that work with how the plot. Those family secrets caused all sorts of plotting issues, but I think Walker’s story being last works.
3. The title for the book is inspired by a song called TAKE THE LONG WAY HOME by Shane Mack from the movie SHELTER. You can listen to part of it HERE.
4. One of the secondary characters who plays a role throughout the entire series – Mallory Able – is inspired by my dear friend from high school, Renee Reeser Zelnick. Both are artsy and loyal, loving and beautiful.
5. My visual inspiration for Callen – ie, the photo I sent to the Berkley art department to help them design the cover – is model William Ponzetti. Here, take a look:
You can buy LONG WAY HOME at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Kobo or Berkley – Thank you!